WORKPLACE VIOLENCE TRAINING CLASSES
This includes - active shooter situations, co-workers, clients or customers.
Violence or the threat of violence against workers can occur in or outside the workplace. Workplace violence can range from threats and verbal abuse to stalking, physical assaults, and in the worst case, homicide, one of the leading causes of job-related deaths.
1. We teach you to examine all areas of your work environment, including parking lots, entryways, reception areas, work areas, and offices. Is the lighting adequate? Are there convenient escape routes? Do you have a method to summon assistance?
2. We teach you to notice sings of impending violence from co-workers or client/customers. Many people who become violent communicate their intentions in advance.
3. We teach you to take a mental inventory of objects available in your immediate work area that could be potential weapons.
4. We provide safety education for employees so they know what conduct is not acceptable or in violation of company policy, - what to do, personally and legally - if they witness or are subjected to workplace violence, and how to protect themselves against workplace violence.
5. We teach Basic Self-Defense (See below).